Wardrobe “before”. Not too bad really.
Here is what I got rid of:
- 2 dresses, worn to two weddings a week apart, while I was waiting for my natural miscarriage to start (never gonna wear those again!)
- 2 dresses I bought to be slimmer, healthier and tanned. It didn’t work. Never worn.
- 1 skirt that makes me look fat every time I try it on.
- 2 tired work cardigans.
- 1 Pineapple cardigan. I used to dance at pineapple studios when I was younger. I bought the cardigan off ebay years later in an attempt to rekindle my youth. It didn’t work.
- 1 green velvet blazer. I had one at university so I bought this because I thought it would make me cool again. It didn’t work.
- 1 red Warehouse suit jacket. Haven’t worn it in years.
- 1 silky grey top. Worn once.
- 1 blue and white scarf. Bought because my friends wear scarves and they look nice. I don’t really wear scarves. Never worn.
- 2 pashminas, 1 white, 1 green. Bought because they were £2.50 in a closing down sale.
- 1 short black work skirt from Wallis. Last worn to my Nan’s funeral 18 months ago, which I missed as it took me four hours to drive there. Not a happy day.
- 1 pair of pink hot pants. Never worn. Bought them to make my legs nicer. It didn’t work.
- 2 M&S V-neck jumpers in navy and dark purple. Work wear, not worn for months.
- 1 yellow floaty top. Bought for work. Worn once.
- 1 Coast silk halter neck top. Bought off ebay, never worn.
- 1 Santa Suit. Free for a 5k run I never ran.
- 1 Mango suit (jacket and skirt) in black velvet. Bought while out shopping on my honeymoon. I wanted a more “corporate” image. It didn’t work.
- 1 dressy top with loose chain decoration. Still haven’t sewn the chain back on.
- 1 navy and white spotty work top. Worn every week at work. Not touched since I left in February.
- 1 cheap, black, static-prone cardi from Sainsburys.
- 1 pair Champneys flip flops
- 1 pair M&S black pumps. Never worn.
- 1 pair very old and worn Clarks black flats
- 1 pair brown Barretts heels. Never worn.
29 items (pair of shoes = 1 item)
Work in progress
- Sort through clothing drawers (Part 2).
Separate dresses and coats wardrobe not to be tackled yet 🙂