Thank you strawberrysqueeze for making my day and nominating me for the Liebster award!
The fact that anyone out there reads this blog is astonishing, given my endless talk about not getting pregnant and the fact that I like to post pictures of the insides of my drawers (furniture, not knickers people).
About the Award:
1. This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
2. The award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another.
3. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
4. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
5. Choose 5 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
6. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
7. No tag backs.
11 Random Facts:
1. When I was 18 I bought a pair of thigh-high leather boots. And wore them.
2. I have done 2 bungi jumps, one in Africa and one in New Zealand.
3. I have lived in America and Australia and am now happily settled back in the UK
4. In a dire emergency I once used a disposable nappy to wee into.
5. Tomb Raider is my absolute favourite video game franchise of all time.
6. I have had one of each of my wisdom teeth removed on 4 separate occasions.
7. I have had two blood transfusions.
8. I can’t bear little nick-nacks and ornaments in houses.
9. I am totally unable to multi-task.
10. I have a Master’s degree in software engineering.
11. My eyes are green, along with my mother’s and my grandmother’s.
My nominations are:
My Questions from strawberrysqueeze are:
1. If you could have any animal as a pet what would it be?
None – I grew up in a house of animals. We have a tortoise and that is more than enough.
2. What is your worst cooking disaster?
When I was a student I followed a recipe in a “student cookbook” for banana and carrot curry. It was vile. Students are humans too, you know.
3. What is your favourite song?
Too many! I really like Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd
4. What is the most exciting thing you’ve ever done?
When I was 22 I travelled in Africa on my own for 2 months. I had an amazing time and it changed my perception of myself and everything I was capable of doing.
5. Who is your favourite athlete?
6. Describe yourself in 5 words:
Enthusiastic, optimistic, tenacious, reserved, organised.
7. If you had a time machine where would you go?
To see the dinosaurs, to Britain in the middle ages, to visit the Egyptians, and forward 200 years to see what the hell happens to us all.
8. What’s your favourite sport to watch?
See number 5.
9. If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would it be and why?
Nowhere but here (boring answer). I’ve been lucky enough to see so much of the world and the only place I want to be now is home.
10. What’s your favourite colour?
11. What’s your favourite quote?
“If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always got.”
And here are my questions:
1. What’s the best job you ever had?
2. Optimist or realist?
3. Do you have a plan for the next 5 years?
4. What’s the strangest thing that has ever happened to you?
5. When was the last time you had a BBQ?
6. Do you have a TV in your bedroom?
7. Comedy or Drama?
8. Tell me about an important day in your life.
9. How do you like to wear your hair?
10. Do you use twitter?
11. What’s on your to do list right now?