I’ve been up since 7.30am and this is what I have done today:
• Bought some new RAM for my PC, plus an extra fan, which I have been meaning to get for ages to keep the CPU a bit cooler. The new fan was the wrong size, so I’ll have to take it back next week.
• Installed new RAM.
• Tried getting a signal through the serial port from the GPS receiver, but nothing came out. Need to investigate further.
• Organised a man to come round to the flat on Tuesday and remove the old gas fire, test the chimney and tell me what I can put there instead.
• Bought some energy saving lightbulbs for mum, and replaced old bulbs with the aid of a ladder as ceilings are so high.
• Turned over all the earth and installed mum’s compost bin (ours is next).
• Taken photos of the bathroom at the flat, so I can refer to them while planning what I’m going to do in there.
• Mapped out the radiators and wondered why I still can’t locate the stopcock.
• Did food shop with mum.
• Called our broadband provider to get us reconnected and ask them why we keep getting cut off (they’re not sure).
• Researched replacement window options and regulations on the net for a couple of hours.
• Cooked a pizza from the supermarket as that’s all I had time to throw together.
• Fretted about the freezer defrosting itself (I might have left the door ajar… we’ll see in an hour or two).
• Read some of my DIY book.
It’s now 7pm, and these are the things I haven’t done:
• The washing.
• The washing up.
• The drying.
• The ironing.
• Empty the bins.
• Have a shower (eww).
My time mangement book hasn’t really helped all that much .