I’m feeling tired, so I’ll just pop a quick tally up of the latest items to go.
The house is really starting to feel clearer, and cleaning is becoming easier (and I’ve actually done some, ha ha). Mr Tech and I even did a long overdue tidy of the front garden at the weekend.
There aren’t any big piles of stuff anywhere that need sorting out any more.
I’ve felt calmer at home and I’ve also done more general chores and tidying because suddenly I can do a job and it makes a difference. It doesn’t uncover 15 other jobs that need doing.
We have three areas left that are pretty stuff-heavy:
- Childrens’ books
- My computer/gadget/stationary things
That really is it (well, apart from the loft and garage, which I am considering out of bounds for now).
I guess I need to finish working through my own stuff before turning to the kids’ things. I’m not even sure how to approach a book/toy cull faced with an almost 2 year old and a 3 year old. A job for another day.
In the meantime, I sorted through the first aid box today, and also got rid of several other items that were hanging around (mainly in the bathroom):
- 1 can Raid
- 1 broken plastic bath toy
- 3 rubber ducks
- 1 make-up organiser/caddy
- 1 tube sealant
- 1 pair slippers
- 1 pair strappy sandals (Tried to wear them last week and decided not to because they were uncomfortable. They can go.)
- 2 inhalers (prescribed for a chest infection and never used)
- 2 aero chambers (never used)
- 1 pair earplugs
- 2 out of date medicinals
Ongoing total out